We love to help pick out the perfect machine for our customers. Come visit us and we'll help you decide.
Included with your purchase at Asheville Cotton Co.:
- Six FREE 2-hour Machine Mastery classes that may be taken any time, in any order, and as many times as you like. (Sorry, Machine Mastery Classes are not available otherwise.)
- Discounts on Bernina branded items during Machine Mastery classes
- Discounts throughout the store
- One-year Labor Warranty On-Site at Asheville Cotton Co.
- FREE First-year Clean, Oil and Adjust Service on your purchase anniversary
- In-store and on-phone help from an experienced team
- Special In-Store Pricing!
In-Store purchase and pickup includes send-home service, where we make sure you know how to wind a bobbin, thread the machine, do cleaning and maintenance, and get started sewing right away.
The Bernina 590 is the top of the 5-Series Bernina line. It has a lot of the same features of the top-of-the-line 790, but in a smaller footprint. The Bernina Dual Feed acts like a walking foot to hold the layers together while quilting. The other nice thing about Dual Feed is that you can also do 9mm wide decorative stitches with it. Freemotion quilting is easy and precise with the included Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR). The jumbo bobbins mean less stopping and starting for thread changes. The presser foot has a hover/automatic pivoting feature that's great for applique and freemotion quilting. The presser foot also lowers by itself and raises by itself, saving valuable time.
The Bernina 590 automatically comes with an embroidery module, and does feature the Embroidery Plus features such as Pinpoint Placement, Ungrouping, Undo and more, just like the 790. You can see a video about Embroidery Plus features here.
(Highlighted items indicate features that are upgrades from the previous model.)
Why we love the Bernina 590:
Good to Know:
- 8.5" Throat
- Improved Lighting (16 LEDs vs. 12 on the previous model)
- 1000 Stitches Per Minute
- Embroidery Included
- Embroidery Plus Features Included
- 9mm wide stitches
- Bernina Dual Feed
- Upper and Lower Thread Indicator
- Jumbo Bobbin
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR) Included
- Foot Control with Kick-Back
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
- Free Hand System (Knee Lift)
- Hover/Automatic Pivoting
- Automatic Presser Foot raise and lower
9 Full-Shank presser feet included:
- The 590 is the top of the 5-Series line
Other machines to consider:
- #1C Reverse pattern foot
- #1D Dual Feed reverse pattern foot
- #2A Overlocker foot
- #3A Automatic buttonhole foot
- #4D Dual Feed Zipper foot
- #5 Blindhem foot
- #20C Open Toe foot for applique or decorative stitches
- Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR)
- #26 Machine Embroidery foot if you get the embroidery module
View the BERNINA 5-Series brochure
- Bernina 770
- Bernina 790
- Bernina 880
Download the BERNINA 590 Simulator here. This program lets you play with the sewing and embroidery screens. Very cool!