|Entries are due by October 1!|
We love to give back to our community here at Asheville Cotton Co. In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, we're having a "Bra-La-La" bra decorating contest! All proceeds from this event will go to Hope Chest for Women. Hope Chest for Women offers limited financial assistance to women in Western NC who are undergoing breast or gynecological cancer treatment. This non-profit was created because women often must choose between receiving treatment and providing for their families. Hope Chest assists with financial burdens such as rent and utility bills, gas and transportation, medical bills and co-pays, lymphedema garments, food, and other unmet needs. Typically, clients are referred by hospitals and physicians, etc. We can't wait to see your "uplifting" ideas! Decorated Art Bra entries will be due on October 1.
- $20 Entry Fee (Tax Deductible when check is made out to Hope Chest for Women)
- Bling a Bra with your friends! Individual and Group Entries allowed.
- Sew it on, glue it on (with strong glue), but no tape. We need to be able to hang or wear these without them falling apart.
- Use any materials you'd like, except something expensive, priceless or quickly perishable (edible is okay as long as it won't fall apart in a month). Search the internet for bra decorating contest ideas. Please completely cover the original bra cup fabric.
- Please use a clean or new bra. Thrift stores can be a good resource for a starter bra. A heavily padded bra works best, as it will keep its shape better.
- Your Bra-La-La must be able to be hung from a hanger and be able to be worn. If you'd like, get creative with a hanger, too!
- Keep it in good taste; No R-Rated or X-Rated bras, please.
- We have changed the voting method this year. Anyone making at least a $1 donation will get to vote for their favorite "Bra-La-La." All donations go to Hope Chest for Women here in WNC. The top favorite will earn "Breast of Show" bragging rights and a prize. There will also be prizes for entries that receive the most money in donations.
- While we will do our very best to keep your "Bra-La-La" safe, we cannot be responsible for any loss, theft or damage. We may exhibit these in places where we cannot control what happens to your entry. They may get touched. Please keep this in mind when designing your bra.
- "Bra-La-La's" may be photographed by anyone for any reason.
- We reserve the right to change, add to or alter the rules at any time.
- Winners will be announced after October 31st. Your entry will be available for pickup after October 31st.
Your Name(s) ______________________________________________________________
Group Name if Applicable _______________________________________________________
Contact Phone Number _______________________________________________
Contact Email (optional) _______________________________________________
Name of your "Bra-La-La" (Get Creative!) _______________________________________________________
In Honor or Memory (circle one) of if applicable ________________________________________
Your entry will be assigned a number. Be sure to tell your friends and family to donate for your "Bra-La-La!" In addition to your $20 entry fee, you may also make an additional donation on your entry.
I have read the above rules and agree to them (Signature) __________________________________________