We love to help pick out the perfect machine for our customers. Come visit us and we'll help you decide.
Included with your purchase at Asheville Cotton Co.:
- Five FREE 2-hour Machine Mastery classes that may be taken any time, in any order, and as many times as you like. (Sorry, Machine Mastery Classes are not available otherwise.) See Machine Mastery Classes here.
- Discounts on Baby Lock branded items during Machine Mastery classes
- Discounts throughout the store
- One-year Labor Warranty on-site at Asheville Cotton Co.
- FREE First-year Clean, Oil and Adjust Service on your purchase anniversary
- In-store and on-phone help from an experienced team
Special In-Store Pricing Guaranteed!
Financing is always available. Please check here for options.
In-Store purchase and pickup includes send-home service, where we make sure you know how to wind a bobbin, thread the machine, do cleaning and maintenance, and get started sewing right away.
Baby Lock Soprano
The Baby Lock Soprano features all the modern conveniences of the Brilliant and Lyric, such as the easy-to-use needle threader and super fast thread-cutter. With the Soprano, free-motion quilting and thread-painting is much smoother and easier. The Soprano includes machine setting that makes the free-motion action very smooth and not jumpy at all. In addition, the foot used for this is very tiny, making it easier to see where you're going when you do free-motion.
The Soprano is also the first machine in the line that includes Advanced Pivoting features. You can set it so that when you stop sewing with the needle down, the presser foot automatically comes up so that you can pivot.
Soprano also includes the larger decorative stitches and an extension table. You'll love the upper AND lower case alphabets for making quilt and garment labels or crafting. The larger decorative stitches are especially nice for quilting borders and sashings, and the extension table comes in handy when you're quilting, either at home or on the road.
(Highlighted items indicate features that are upgrades from the previous model.)Why we love the Baby Lock Soprano:
- Larger LCD Screen
- Larger 8.25" Throat
- Improved Lighting
- 300 Stitches
- Improved Freemotion Capability
- Advanced Pivoting Feature
- Sideways Motion Stitches
- 5 Upper and Lower Case Alphabets for making quilt or garment labels, crafting
- Quilting Extension Table Included
- Free-Hand System (Knee Lift)
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Automatic Tension
- Pattern Combinations
- Long-term memory function to keep a favorite stitch combination (or name)
- Mirror Image
- 7mm Stitch Width
- Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment
16 presser feet included:
- Zig Zag Foot
- Blind Stitch Foot
- Buttonhole Foot
- Overcasting Foot
- Monogramming Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Button Sew-on Foot
- Walking Foot
- Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Open Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Outline Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Adjustable Zipper/Piping Foot
- Nonstick Teflon Foot
- Open Toe Foot
- 1/4" Foot with Guide
- Stitch Guide Foot
Other machines to consider:
- Baby Lock Aria
- Baby Lock Crescendo
In addition to five FREE in-store classes, Baby Lock has many online classes available. Here is a sample class: Cleaning Your Baby Lock
View the Baby Lock Soprano brochure