$8199, SALE (Call, email or come by for in-store sale price)
The Bernina 590 is the top of the 5-Series Bernina line. It has a lot of the same features of the top-of-the-line 790, but in a smaller footprint. The Bernina Dual Feed acts like a walking foot to hold the layers together while quilting. The other nice thing about Dual Feed is that you can also do 9mm wide decorative stitches with it. Freemotion quilting is easy and precise with the included Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR). The jumbo bobbins mean less stopping and starting for thread changes. The presser foot has a hover/automatic pivoting feature that's great for applique and freemotion quilting. The presser foot also lowers by itself and raises by itself, saving valuable time.
The Bernina 590 automatically comes with an embroidery module, and does feature the Embroidery Plus features such as Pinpoint Placement, Ungrouping, Undo and more, just like the 790. You can see a video about Embroidery Plus features here.
(Highlighted items indicate features that are upgrades from the previous model.)
Why we love the Bernina 590:
- 8.5" Throat
- Improved Lighting (16 LEDs vs. 12 on the previous model)
- 1000 Stitches Per Minute
- Embroidery Included
- Embroidery Plus Features Included
- 9mm wide stitches
- Bernina Dual Feed
- Upper and Lower Thread Indicator
- Jumbo Bobbin
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR) Included
- Foot Control with Kick-Back
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
- Free Hand System (Knee Lift)
- Hover/Automatic Pivoting
- Automatic Presser Foot raise and lower
- The 590 is the top of the 5-Series line
- #1C Reverse pattern foot
- #1D Dual Feed reverse pattern foot
- #2A Overlocker foot
- #3A Automatic buttonhole foot
- #4D Dual Feed Zipper foot
- #5 Blindhem foot
- #20C Open Toe foot for applique or decorative stitches
- Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR)
- #26 Machine Embroidery foot if you get the embroidery module
- Bernina 770
- Bernina 790
- Bernina 880
Download the BERNINA 590 Simulator here. This program lets you play with the sewing and embroidery screens. Very cool!
Included with your purchase at Asheville Cotton Co.:
- Two FREE 3-hour Machine Mastery classes and another 3-hour Embroidery Mastery class that may be taken as many times as you like. (Sorry, Machine Mastery Classes are not available otherwise.) See Machine Mastery Classes here.
- Discounts on Bernina branded items during Machine Mastery classes
- Discounts throughout the store
- One-year Labor Warranty on-site at Asheville Cotton Co.
- FREE First-year Clean, Oil and Adjust Service on your purchase anniversary
- In-store, email and on-phone help from an experienced team
Financing is always available. Please check here for options.
To purchase, please give us a call or come by. We'll discuss availability. In-Store pickup includes send-home service, where we make sure you know how to wind a bobbin, thread the machine, do cleaning and maintenance, and get started sewing right away.
If you prefer to order your machine directly from Bernina, you may purchase online at shop.berninausa.