BERNINA 770 Plus (No Embroidery)
The Bernina 770 Quilters Edition is the ultimate quilting machine. It has a huge 10" throat, built-in Dual Feed walking foot, the Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR), FreeHand System, Jumbo Bobbin, Automatic Pivoting, and 9mm wide stitches. The speed of the 770 means that freemotion stitches using the included BSR foot are even more precise than in previous models. You'll love being able to sew even the wide decorative stitches on quilts with the Dual Feed function, which acts like a walking foot to hold all your layers together. You'll appreciate the large sewing extension table that comes with the 770, and all the extra lighting.
The 770 is available with or without the Embroidery option. The nice thing about that is that if you decide to upgrade to embroidery later, you just purchase the embroidery module, not a whole new machine.
The 770 would be the perfect machine for a quilter who owns an older Bernina but wants the Dual Feed (built in walking foot) function, the Jumbo Bobbins, more throat space and the Bernina Stitch Regulator for even freemotion quilting stitches.
The 770 would also be perfect for someone who works on large projects such as curtains and other home decor, or larger garments. The Jumbo Bobbin means fewer interruptions and Dual Feed means less hassle with unruly fabrics.
Why we love the Bernina 770QE:
(Highlighted items indicate features that are upgrades from the previous model.)
- 10" Throat
- 4.3" Touch Screen
- Improved Lighting (30 LEDs vs. 16 on the 590)
- 1000 Stitches Per Minute
- Embroidery Capable
- 9mm wide stitches
- Bernina Dual Feed
- Upper and Lower Thread Indicator
- Jumbo Bobbin
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR) Included
- Foot Control with Kick-Back
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
- Free Hand System (Knee Lift)
- Hover/Automatic Pivoting
- Automatic Presser Foot raise and lower
- The 770 has a low bobbin indicator, while the 740 does not
- The 770 is the first Bernina with the larger embroidery field capability
- If you like the Embroidery Plus features, take a look at the 790 Plus. Embroidery Plus features cannot be added to the 770.
- #1C Reverse pattern foot
- #1D Dual Feed reverse pattern foot
- #3A Automatic buttonhole foot
- #4D Dual Feed Zipper foot
- #20C Open Toe foot for applique or decorative stitches
- #97D Quarter Inch foot with removable guide
- Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR)
- Bernina 770 with Embroidery
- Bernina 790
- Bernina 880