We love to help pick out the perfect machine for our customers. Come visit us and we'll help you decide.
Included with your purchase at Asheville Cotton Co.:
- Five FREE 2-hour Machine Mastery classes that may be taken any time, in any order, and as many times as you like. (Sorry, Machine Mastery Classes are not available otherwise.) See Machine Mastery Classes here.
- Discounts on Baby Lock branded items during Machine Mastery classes
- Discounts throughout the store
- One-year Labor Warranty on-site at Asheville Cotton Co.
- FREE First-year Clean, Oil and Adjust Service on your purchase anniversary
- In-store and on-phone help from an experienced team
Special In-Store Pricing Guaranteed!
Financing is always available. Please check here for options.
In-Store purchase and pickup includes send-home service, where we make sure you know how to wind a bobbin, thread the machine, do cleaning and maintenance, and get started sewing right away.
Baby Lock Aria
If you've been looking for a machine with a larger throat, the Aria is for you. This is also the first machine that features the Digital Dual-Feed system. The Digital Dual-Feed is like having a Walking Foot on steroids. It has a conveyor-belt type roller that feeds multiple layers of fabric through when quilting or making garments with difficult fabrics.
The Aria includes a setting that makes free-motion quilting very smooth and not jumpy at all. In addition, one of the feet used for this is very tiny, making it easier to see where you're going when you do free-motion. The advanced pivoting setting is really nice when you're trying to do machine applique or quilting. You can set it so that when you stop sewing with the needle down, the presser foot automatically comes up so that you can pivot.
You'll love the upper AND lower case alphabets for making quilt and garment labels or crafting. The larger decorative stitches are especially nice for quilting borders and sashings.
(Highlighted items indicate features that are upgrades from the previous model.)Why we love the Baby Lock Aria:
- Larger 7" Diagonal LCD Screen
- Larger 11-1/4" Throat
- Improved Stadium Lighting (10" around the needle area)
- 573 Stitches
- Patented "Nevermiss" Needle Threader
- Improved Freemotion Capability
- Advanced Pivoting Feature
- Comes with Digital Dual Feed
- Sideways Motion Stitches
- 5 Upper and Lower Case Alphabets for making quilt or garment labels, crafting
- Free-Hand System (Knee Lift)
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Automatic Tension
- Pattern Combinations
- Long-term memory function to keep a favorite stitch combination (or name)
- Mirror Image
- 7mm Stitch Width
- Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment
13 presser feet included:
Good to Know:
- Digital Dual Feed
- 1/4" Foot with Guide
- Zig Zag Foot
- Blind Stitch Foot
- Buttonhole Foot
- Overcasting Foot
- Monogramming Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Button Sew-on Foot
- Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Open Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Outline Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Straight Stitch Foot
Other machines to consider:
- There is no embroidery option with the Aria.
- Many people purchase the optional Quilting Extension Table if they don't have a cabinet.
- Baby Lock Crescendo
- Baby Lock Journey (with embroidery)
In addition to five FREE in-store classes, Baby Lock has many online classes available. Here is a sample class: Cleaning Your Baby Lock
View the Baby Lock Aria brochure